Blog, blog, blog!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

it was a success!

for those of you who don't know my story, I have multiple sclerosis. I was diagnosed in '06 and it has slowly progressed from there. I have been in a wheelchair since last September and haven't been able to straighten my legs since January of this year. I'm doing great from the waist up and spirit-wise but it's my legs and back that haven't been doing so well. So 2 days ago I went into the hospital to have a spinal tap procedure done with a medicine I take now orally but this would put it directly into my spinal fluid and we would hopefully see results in 2 - 5 hours. Well (I'm gonna start crying again dog gone it!) my legs starting straightening with one hour of the procedure and then in the next 3 hours I was moving my legs like I haven't been able to do in over a year!! I cried tears of joy pretty much all day! My husband was there with me the whole time and was equally as emotional as me! God answered my prayers so much more than I could have ever imagined and I am so very thankful!
the next step now is to meet with the neurosurgeon and schedule a date for a surgery where they will implant a small pump in my side that contains the medicine that helped me today and it has a small catheter that will go directly into my spine to administer the medicine however much I need at certain times of the day and night. Wow! I am in awe of technology these days! So there you have it! The medicine trial was a success and now just some more waiting but a good kind of waiting!! Thanks for all your prayers and support! Blessings my scrappy friends!

1 comment:

Heather M said...

So happy for you! I would have cried all day too. Its so nice to hear of medicine actually working like its suppose to.