Blog, blog, blog!

Monday, January 23, 2012

moody monday...

I have several LOs started and finished 1 today! I hope to do some more after I post this!
 This LO has me trying a new technique which is one of my scrappy goals this new year! I wanted to learn how to make a "chevron" strip to put on a LO or a card...I was on Studio Calico's blog a few weeks back and saw a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire (love her work!) on how to make one. So I tried it and I love it! It did take me two tries to really get the hang of it 'cos I used really patterned paper and got confused a couple of times piecing the papers together to make a strip. All the papers I used are from Basic Grey's Indian Summer line and this whole LO is from my "stash!" I still have not broken down and bought anything scrappy this year! It's killing me! But I'm holding out 'til (hopefully) the start of April or CKC here in June...


This was fun! I hope to be back later with another LO!

4 comments:

okanogangirl said...

Great chevroning!

Auntie Em said...

Wow! Great job on doing the chevrons. They look so pretty on the dark background. (Loved that paper line from BG) Miters are always tricky.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Your chevrons are great! I am very impressed that you are only using your stash!! That is not easy with all the cute springy scrappy things out there!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

I love this "quilted" looking artsy lower border! AND your layout is so refreshing! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!